~Roy~

On 23 May 2005 05:32:09 -0700, "Wilson" wrote:

===Due to my recent interest in metalworks, i've decided to make a
===foundry, opting for a gas powered one as the fuel is easier to handle.
===Does using butane instead of propane make any significant difference to
===the heat output? I live in Australia, and i can't seem to find much
===propane around, but LPG (Liquified Petroleum Gas), which is a mix of
===butane and propane, is available at pretty much all gas stations. Can i
===use LPG and still get the same power out of my foundry as a propane
===powered one??
===
===btw, if anyone is reading this and lives in Australia, could they point
===me in a direction where i can get some fireclay, furnace bricks or
===castable refractory cement?
===
===Thanks
===
===Wilson

YOu should be fine with the run of the mill LPG thats sold in
austrailia. If you qwant to contact a local Aussie that knows his
stuff, and may even bve in your neighborhood, contact Cameron McKeown.
There is a link to his webiste and his email off my website if your
interested.........He will set you straight on what is what in your
area and where to get the materials you may need...

http://www.frugalmachinist.com

Regards