Mike

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
. net...

Nothing to do with dyes at all, but seeing your post has reminded me -

what
did you do about your wool/natural insulation in the end?

I decided that at market rates ecofriendly at eight times the price is
too expensive for me

See if there's a local sheep-shearing competition near you coming up

(our
local pub has one end June) and buy the fleeces from there as they'll

only
be suitable for insulation. You'll have to clean them up yourself of
course

Well, they need more than the cleaning which is possible in a domestic
situation.

And even if they weren't - have you ever washed a fleece?

Only when still on the sheep :-)

Many more than one fleece would be needed too.

Yep - which is why I thought I'd put a glum smiley after the sentence.

A daughter (a sheep farmer) wants to insulate her restored house with

fleece
but she's not going to be able to use her own without professional
treatment.

If she's got a sheep dip tank then you can get the chemicals to preserve the
fleece. It needs a lot of washing and all the other residents removing,
then some form of sealing I believe.