Mary Fisher

"S Viemeister" wrote in message
Mary Fisher wrote:

"S Viemeister" wrote
What sort of treatment is necessary?

Apart from obvious cleaning I think vermin protection (especially moth)
is
done.

I can look it up if you're interested.

Yes, please, if it's not too much trouble.

Sheila

To date I find that it's protected against moth and other insect damage to
an international standard, without using nasties. I can't tell you any more
than that at the moment but I do know that if fleece - even washed - isn't
treated it's attacked by moth. Sometimes prepared, spun and moth guarded
wool yarn is :-(

It's my main concern about using wool as an insulation although I'd risk it
if we needed it. There wouldn't be any point in yanking out what we have
though.

Mary