kip

Oh! Boy
"Thomas Arundel" wrote in message
Altho a fusible resistor kit is a good idea, don't many manufacturers
insist that ion the case of safelty components, the replacement part is
the exact part number obtained from them in order to comply with safety
regulations

Yes, that might well be the case - though I wonder in practice how many of
these parts are actually available from the original manufacturer - my
understanding from our local repair shop was that most manufacturers were
only interested in selling a complete replacement board. The shop isn't
too keen on this, because it takes away their margins, and the boards are
so expensive that most customers choose to buy a new product (which is
exactly what the manufacturers want).

Interesting question though - if you (as a shop) repair something, don't
you invalidate its warranty? That being the case, does a repair shop have
to issue its own warranty?

Also whose safety regulations are you referring to?

Tom.

--
Thomas Arundel
TL: +44 (0) 870 750 4468