I have an email out to Channel Industries asking if piezos can be
supplied with OD and ID electrodes, poled or patterned to create rotary
motion when energized. It sounds like Nick is thinking of axial motion.
That would certainly be simpler, to have piezos coordinated at both
ends driving axial motion rather than rotary, but it seemed to me that
since the rotary motion would be across the way's motion, that this
would provide more continuous relief from stiction. Ideally, the rod
way would rotate completely continuously, eliminating stiction.

I didn't see any rod ways on the wabeco website. Note doubled http://
in Nick's post.

http://www.wabeco-remscheid.de/

Doug