Gunner

On Mon, 23 May 2005 20:37:33 GMT, "DeepDiver"
wrote:

"Gunner" wrote in message
.. .
On 23 May 2005 14:37:15 GMT, Ignoramus25487
wrote:

My problem with it is that the lathe is very slow to stop. When I turn
the lathe off, it takes a few revolutions for it to stop. There is no
automatic way to stop, like on a lathe that I practiced on 18 years
ago. So my threading bit can end up anywhere.

Stopping? Why are you stopping during threading? Blink blink?

Perhaps the most common reason (for those of us with half-nuts on our
lathes) is the cutting of metric threads (which account for 95% of my
threading operations).

- Michael

Metric???? Only them damned furriners use that Metric stuff.
When I want to do metric..I simply change that little knob on the
HLV-H to metric.

Gunner

"Considering the events of recent years,
the world has a long way to go to regain
its credibility and reputation with the US."
unknown