Jim Stewart

Wilson wrote:
Due to my recent interest in metalworks, i've decided to make a
foundry, opting for a gas powered one as the fuel is easier to handle.
Does using butane instead of propane make any significant difference to
the heat output? I live in Australia, and i can't seem to find much
propane around, but LPG (Liquified Petroleum Gas), which is a mix of
butane and propane, is available at pretty much all gas stations. Can i
use LPG and still get the same power out of my foundry as a propane
powered one??

I think that what we in the states call
propane is LPG, though I'm not positive.

I don't think there should be any problem.

btw, if anyone is reading this and lives in Australia, could they point
me in a direction where i can get some fireclay, furnace bricks or
castable refractory cement?

Thanks

Wilson