F. George McDuffee

snip
The Republicans are going to be around for a long time.

snip
No longer than the house stands.

There is an old saying, attributed to various ethnic groups,
"don't spit in the soup, we all gotta eat.

A review of the government's own socio-economic data such as the
GINI index and poverty rates shows that control of the real
wealth is becoming concentrated in an every smaller fraction of
the population. This concentration has been a leading indicator
if not a precursor for every economic crash/panic back to the
civil war and currently the concentration is significantly higher
than in 1929.

As a follow-on, it is by no means clear to me that there has been
**ANY** increase in real wealth, as most people understand it.

As far as it can be determined, the claimed corporate earnings
are increasingly based on the cobwebs and moonbeams of "mark to
myth" derivatives, off-shore special purpose entities, tax
evasion schemes, and unloading their pension obligations and
other debt onto the American taxpayers and/or stiffing their
creditors and retirees.

GmcD