Rusty

wrote in message ...
Can anyone suggest where I might be able to get a mechanism for opening
and closing a small door. The door will probably be about 12" square and
can be hinged so that it swings like a full-sized door so the effort to
open and close it should be quite small.

It needs to be secure against small animals (foxes etc.) when closed.

I want to operate it electrically so it can be opened and closed at
set times (with a time clock from the mains) or possibly be driven by
a photocell.

Searching for door opener only produces electronics for door latches
and/or garage door openers.

--
Chris Green

Having just replaced a Honeywell CH valve motor, I think one of these might
be OK. The torque is large, they rotate very slowly exactly 90 deg when
the mains is applied and are spring loaded to return when its off. Gotten
from any plumbing shop for a few quid or even less on the electronics
surplus market.

rusty.