Ian_m

"Set Square" wrote in message
Dave Liquorice wrote:

On 21 May 2005 23:15:21 GMT, Bob Eager wrote:

So...are there any other, not too expensive, measuring gadgets that
will at least give a rough idea?

Try http://www.machinemart.co.uk/product.asp?p=010916213

Yes, I've got one of those - and it gives believable figures - at least
for
resistive loads like light bulbs.

I got mine from Machinemart about 18 months ago - when I think it was
slightly dearer than the current price.
--
Cheers,
Set Square

My power/consumption meter cost £6.99 from Lidls a year or two ago. Works
fine, enter your electicity cost per unit and it tells you the total cost in
£ and p. Currently on fish tank to see the running costs. One complication
is it tells you the power factor of the load, but not how, if it does at
all, affect the reading, because obviously there are two powers now when
power factor is not one, but instructions don't tell you which. I suspect
you have to multiply the meter read power by power factor to work out your
power in a domestic environment, but I may be wrong.