BigWallop

Default Advice needed for shower pump installation

"Zippy" wrote in message
Hello,

I've bought a twin-impeller 2 Bar Watermill pump to drive my new mixer
shower, but need some advice on running the pipes. The handbook says
the outlet pipes need to be vertical to prevent problems with the flow
switches, but I somehow need to get the outlets going down under the
floor and into the bathroom next door. I've considered loops that
come straight up out of the pump, then loop down below the floor.
Does that sound sensible, or can someone suggest a better solution?

Thanks

These pumps are usually OK as long as you have a slightly higher head of water on the
supply side of them compared to the highest point of the shower head. As long as you
are taking the outlets down under a dividing wall and then straight up to the shower
mixer you should find it fine. Trying to take loops off the pump outlets and running
them for metres under the floor before lifting to the mixer is not a great idea.

If you have the shower over a bath, then you can take the outlets through the wall
above the pump height but below the top of the bath roll (edge), that way the outlets
are rising directly when they leave the pump.

From your description I take it the pump is being installed in a cupboard next to the
bathroom, so it might be possible to run the pipework up the wall in the cupboard then
directly through to the mixer valve.