xrongor

where you have established a 'working relationship' with someone, i dont
think its wise to start to nitpick a guy on what he charges for a
paraticular job. as you said, he worked on another job for 100$ for the
whole day.

and 150 isnt exactly a gross overcharge. if it were me, i'd want 75 bucks
to drive over to someones house to change a light bulb. two hours at 75/hr
isnt exactly out of line these days. auto mechanics charge in that range
and they dont even come to your house.

now if he told you it was 500....

randy

We didn't even ask the cost because the same man had stayed at the house
an
entire day doing something else and charged $100. Perhaps he felt he
under-charged and wanted to make it up by charging $150 for a couple hours
of work.
"xrongor" wrote in message
was it worth it to you?

personally, for 150$ i wouldnt want 'help'. i'd want to sit back and

shout
orders from a lawn chair with a cold beer in my hand.

as a side note, its funny to me how quick people (americans in
particular)
are to comment that someone else is 'overcharging' or 'making too much
money' and how this makes them a jerk. yet i expect these same people,
in
the same situation with the roles reversed, would call themselves a
genius
for making so much money.

all things in this world are negotiable. if you dont know how to

negotiate,
thats YOUR problem.

america is going to bury itself alive just to prove it can handle a

shovel.

randy

"patga" wrote in message
We hired a handyman to help my husband install a new screen door. He

was
here 2 and a half hours and charged $150. Does that seem fair to you?