Benjamin Jennings, MCP

Default Viewsonic VG800 LCD monitor power problem

Hi,

Working without a service manual on this one and have 2 more just like it.
Plug power in and it sorta flickers on and off, power/status LED flickers
different colors several times and finally stabilizes at a stedy flashing
green about once per second and the backlight pulses about the same
frequency. I noticed a myriad of SMD caps and checked most of them for
high ESR, most are pretty decent, a couple are marginal but seem to be
alright. uPC supply voltages seem pretty solid so I'm kinda stumped.
Anybody seen this problem before, being as I have 3 of these all failed near
the same time I'd suspect it's a common problem or soon will be.

Thanks,
Benjamin Jennings, MCP