curley maple

On Wed, 18 May 2005 11:03:12 -0700, in rec.woodworking, "Pounds on Wood"
wrote:

Best bet is to teach them right hand dominance in preschool. None of

that
left hand crap in my house.

--
********
Bill Pounds

D Steck wrote:

I know you're joking but it struck a nerve. I was born left handed and

had
a grandparent that watched me frequently and beat me into being right
handed. When that grandparent died, I shed no tears.

I've read Bill's posting several times and am not so sure--hopefully he
is.

YES! Bill was joking. I am surprised and disappointed that the practice of
punishing lefties is recent enough that anyone here experienced it. I know
some you guys are old, but shees, that should have ended in the 19th
century.

My son is left handed.

1-4th grade circa 1957...

I had 5 teachers try to break me of being left handed.