toolmiser toolmiser is offline
Junior Member

I have to disagree with you. I am from out of town, and we (wife and I) went and thought it was pretty good. You are right on your points, but it is nice to talk with reps, and actually put your hands on tools. I also like to pose questions to them that have come up here. I watched the demo on "rustic furniture", probably have no desire to make any, but I like to see how it is done and ask questions. My town doesn't have any "woodworking" stores so I like to make the most of these sessions. The reps seemed fairly knowledgeable, and friendly. I did take my coupon sheet from the show and stopped at a Rockler store and saved $30.00 on a $100.00 purchase. That was sweet. Overall my trip was more expensive than if I would have stayed home and ordered thru a catalog, but my wife was happy she didn't have to cook, she got to go shopping, and relax for a weekend. I thought the admission was fair, and it didn't cost anything to park so overall not a bad deal. Sales person at Rockler store said the regular "Woodworkers Show" didn't want to do one now so Rockler decided to take it on themselves. Could it be improved, yes, but not bad for the first time!