Martin Angove

In message ,
"David Pearson" wrote:

OK, thanks everyone.

The regs about putting cable next to insulators
are explained in Newnes, but I will
have enough room in the ventilation space between
the insulation and sarking for cable.

Hmmm..... can I put junction boxes in that space?
It will be venilated at eaves and a through-roof
ventilator, so condensation should not be a problem,
but it is one more thing to worry about...

If I have understood you correctly you are putting insulation in the
plane of the roof, and intend to run cables on top of that insulation?
What is the detail below the insulation? There is a big warning about
putting things like junction boxes (i.e. with screw terminals) in places
where they can't be inspected. Under floorboards is generally thought ok
as it isn't too difficult to lift a bit of carpet and lever up a
floorboard, but the classic no-no example is within a plaster/boarded
wall because you'd have to destroy the wall to find the JB.

Your over-the-insulation idea sounds a bit like the in-the-wall problem
I'm afraid.

Hwyl!

M.

--