Owain

John wrote:
"Owain" wrote
You wire one existing cable to the existing socket, from the existing
socket wire to new socket 1, then to new socket 2, then *back* to the
other existing cable, using chocolate block to connect back to the
remaining original cable.
That means that all three sockets are part of the ring, not spurs.

To avoid chocolate blocks which I don't like on "heavy" loads having seen a
lot of them heat damaged, I have in the past been known to swap the old
"twin" socket box for a "double" and using two single sockets broken into
the ring and extended it that way

Another option would be to put a single socket and FCU onto the ring,
and wire additional sockets downstream of the FCU as a *fused* spur.

Owain