Set Square

Default Baxi Solo 3 PF

Darren Griffin - PocketGPSWorld wrote:

I have a 17 month old Baxi solo 3 boiler which started throwing fuses
yesterday. Initially when I realised the heating had gone off I
found a circuit breaker in the CU had tripped, reset this and all was
OK. Next day the same thing happened but once the circuit was reset
this time only the 'Boiler On' light on the control panel
illuminated, no 'Fan On' light and no Pilot or Burner lights.

I located the installation manual and identified the circuit board
fuse, this had blown so I replaced it with the spare and once again
all worked normally for an hour or until this time the 3A fuse on the
isolation switch blew (Baxi state this should be 5A?). Once again
replacing this worked for about 20 mins until it blew both the
isolation switch 3A and the circuit board fuse.

Any ideas what may be causing this and where can I source a
replacement fuse for the circuit board which is marked F4AH250V?

TIA

You can probably get fuses from the likes of Maplin or RS Components - but
you clearly need to find and fix the root cause - otherwise fuses will just
keep blowing.

Hopefully those (like Geoff) with a detailed knowledge of this boiler will
respond - but it sounds to me like a problem either with the PCB or gas
valve - or possibly the fan.
--
Cheers,
Set Square