Dave

DeepDiver wrote:

Regarding the bandwidth issue, the problem is not the
number of "hits", but rather the quantity of data (measured in bytes) that
is downloaded by your visitors. I looked at your site last night (between
"bandwith exceeded" errors) and noticed that your large images are very data
"heavy" (i.e., they have very large data byte sizes).

snip

Michael,

Thanks for the great explanation. I have my camera set to take images
at 2048x1736 "fine" quality. That way I have HQ raw images that I burn
to disc. I edit the real keepers in Photoshop down to 800x600 or
whatever is appropriate. Where I went wrong is in the "save as" step. I
usually save quality as 7-9 where I probably should save as 2-5. I've
never paid attention as per your explanation to file sizes in relation
to quality. I'll definitely experiment now!

Yes, it helped!

~Dave