Art

What kills me is that code requires air vents if you have gas burning
appliances. Why not just by cheap windows instead.

"Jeff Farrar" wrote in message
I was thinking of going around the basement with a can of spray foam and
filling all the gaps in the ceiling (wire, pipe passages and heating
ducts). Then I realized that I have this big hole right in the middle for
the laundry chute. Even if I seal up the space between the floor and the
duct for the chute there is still a big hole that will allow air to flow.
So I forget, what is the purpose of sealing up all these holes again? Just
questioning myself here. Any ideas? Pro/Cons?

Thanks.