Joseph Meehan

Jimbo wrote:
Years ago a plumber friend of mine saw me lubricating a washer or "O"
ring with vasaline and he told me that was a no no.

From a technical standpoint he is right. I still use it however since
it is there and I will never remember to do it otherwise. It is not all
that bad, but yea, to do it right use the right stuff.

He said most
hardware stores sell tubes of plumbers lub/grease and it doesn't
damage "O" rings and wahers. I've been using the same little
container for years and it seems to do the job. It's probably just a
standard silicone lubricant repackaged as a specialty product so they
can charge extra for it.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit