Tony Hwang

Andy Hill wrote:
wrote:

Am deciding between the recycler and superrecycler.

From what I can gather.. SR has a more powerful motor... and aluminium

deck.

R has less powerful and stamped steel deck... however has 22" cut... SR
only has 21"

Now before you "real men" out there insist on the most powerful engine
and deck that will last for 40 years... consider my situation:

I live on midsized suburban lot, cut every other week in spring &
fall... once a week in heavy growing season.. am not mowing any heavy
terrain... just lawn.

with those parameters... it seems the bigger, stronger, more powerful
unit would be overkill... and I will be fine with the Recycler... and
save the extra bucks. Both have the personal pace, which is a real
plus for me.. as I hate matching my speed to the mower..

The SR also has the Briggs engine, instead of the Tecumseh. Some folks don't
like Tecumseh engines (personally, I think it's all tweedledum vs. tweedledee at
the consumer level, but I don't have hard reliability data to back it up).

IMHO, the SR is the better mower, but for a typical suburban lot it's not worth
half again (roughly $175) the price of the R mowers. When you're only putting
~40 hours a year on a engine, longevity is going to be determined more by yearly
maintenance than basic mower quality (IME, anywho).

Hi,
Little off topic but I love John Deere mower with kawasaki engine.
Tony