Jimbo

Years ago a plumber friend of mine saw me lubricating a washer or "O" ring
with vasaline and he told me that was a no no. He said most hardware stores
sell tubes of plumbers lub/grease and it doesn't damage "O" rings and
wahers. I've been using the same little container for years and it seems to
do the job. It's probably just a standard silicone lubricant repackaged as
a specialty product so they can charge extra for it.

Jimbo
"Colbyt" wrote in message
news

"dean" wrote in message
ups.com...
Ok. have some silicone grease.

-D

It really depends on what the plunger washer is made of. On the farm as a
child I watched my grandfather use a squirt of motor oil. The plunger
washers were made of leather at that time.

I doubt that is the case anymore.

Silicone won't hurt leather, rubber or any composite material.Not sure
about
the silicone grease.

Have you tried just adding a 1/4 cup of plain water or water with a splash
of Joy or Dawn down the plunger shaft from the top of the unit. This
"priming the pump" has worked for me before.

Colbyt