Doug Kanter

wrote in message
ps.com...
My lawn is looking pretty bare... through semi-neglect and LOTS of kids
playing on it. I am trying to tune it up this year.

3 weeks ago I applied Scotts with Halts.

Lots of dandelions popped up this week... have knocked them back down
with spot treatments... (I think halts doesn't kill dandelions.. it is
for crabgrass)

Anyway, we have had good rain over last 3 weeks... and small parts have
really shot up... but most of it is still thin.

Would another shot of fertilizer (3 weeks after initial) at this point
help? I can't put down new seed to help.. as the Halts would prevent
it from germinating.

Next spring, reseed FIRST. I guess you figured this out already. You can
"halts" until the cows come home, but if the weeds have no competition,
they'll be back with a vengeance.