Bob

wrote in message
ps.com...
My lawn is looking pretty bare... through semi-neglect and LOTS of kids
playing on it. I am trying to tune it up this year.

3 weeks ago I applied Scotts with Halts.

Lots of dandelions popped up this week... have knocked them back down
with spot treatments... (I think halts doesn't kill dandelions.. it is
for crabgrass)

Anyway, we have had good rain over last 3 weeks... and small parts have
really shot up... but most of it is still thin.

Would another shot of fertilizer (3 weeks after initial) at this point
help? I can't put down new seed to help.. as the Halts would prevent
it from germinating.

Does the halts bag say anything about the wait before re-seeding, or how
long it is supposed to be effective? I assume it is a time release
fertilizer. You should probably wait at least another several weeks before
re-applying. When you can, re-seed the lawn, then keep it constantly damp
until it sprouts. Most important - fertilize in the fall. Re-seeding in the
fall may also be your best bet, depending on where you are.

Bob