Charles Spitzer

"Rudy" wrote in message
news:IKEee.1241670$Xk.1183924@pd7tw3no...

1. What is the best type of drill bit to drill holes in a tile?
Titanium,
carbide, masonry? Also, is there a method to keep the bit from getting
so hot (squirting water on it as I drill, a little 3 in 1 oil)

Bosch masonry bit w/oil is the way I went. The instructions said try to
'chip' the surface as a starting point where you want to drill.

I had to drill 4 holes to use to install my shower door. It was slo-o-ow
tedious work. Use a slower speed rather than fast.

I burned up 3 cheap "diamond" HFT bits first.

you have to use coolant with diamonds. they can't be used dry. using them on
the wall is pretty hard to do, but can be done with someone spraying a
stream of water on them whilst you're drilling.