Randy Zimmerman

I have made crude sockets by selcting an oversize pipe, heating it red on
the end then forging it around a sample nut. You could drill out an
oversize hole that would go around a nut then forge it down to fit the nut.
Pop the nut out and you have a crude hex.
Randy

"Bob AZ" wrote in message
oups.com...
I would like to have a 25mm Box End Wrench. 6 sided. About 14" in
length. The opening would be about ½" thick.

Does anyone here do this or can fill me in on the process?

All I think I know is that it would be punched out when the piece is
red hot and then the wrench would be finished and then heat treated.
But I know nothing of how the punching part of the process is
accomplished.

Thanks
Bob AZ