antgel

It certainly does. However, I have a little problem with slack. I'd
like both new sockets to be to the right of the original. This means
that of the two cables entering the existing socket, the cable on the
right will have to enter a socket quite a distance from where it is
now. I can't run it diagonally. There's no room between the
plasterboard and brick for a junction box. Is the best way of doing
this to sink a junction box into the wall above the existing socket and
run a new cable from there to the right-most one? And does it matter
that this cable will be just _above_ all three sockets, not
horizontally between them? Surely nobody would drill _there_. :-P