RichardK

Conor wrote:
In article , RichardK says...

Mary Fisher wrote:

What upset me was that when I went indoors and dramatically told Spouse that
I'd crashed into something his response was to ask how much damage there was
to the car, he didn't ask if I was injured.

You clearly weren't injured. You were telling him what had happened.

When I ran my grandads car into a lampost at a fairly substantial
speed, the only thing he was worried about was that I was OK. I was
obviously extremely upset at the state the car was in to which his
reply was "its only a mewtal box. You're OK." This coming from a man
who had very little to live on and it was the newest car he'd ever had
purely because he got it on Motability.

Doesn't Motability pay for the car, or at least a substantial amount?

Don't get me wrong - I am probably more zen than you'd imagine from my
posts about these things; however a prang into a lamppost is "that's
what insurance is for". Insurance isn't for some careless person denting
your car door because they couldn't be bothered to park where they could
open the door (assuming that you take due care when parking of course),
or wrap their fingers around the edge when opening. It's the little
expenses that are the most frustrating, and when caused by someone
else's carelesness, that's the biggie.

I really don't care about material things. I've had exactly the "anyone
hurt? Who cares" response to very expensive cars being written off.

It's easier to react calmly to the big things. Chop my leg off with an
axe and I'll swear a bit. I'll whine for hours about a splinter under my
nail

Richard

--
RichardK - 1980s in a can. http://www.dmc12.demon.co.uk/music/