Carl Byrns

"Gunner" wrote in message
On Sat, 21 May 2005 02:38:18 GMT, "Carl Byrns"
wrote:

Just dropping in on RCM from the real world-
Here's some pictures of a welding bench I zapped together:
http://mysite.verizon.net/vze4wqsm/index.html
There are two quick pages of photos and just a small amount of text.
The idea was to have a bench sturdy enough to support some weight, but

small
enough not to suck up a lot of floor space when not in use.
Hope you all like it.

-Carl

Very nice Carl Good use of materials. Have you considered another
shelf above the welder for consumables such as rod, and some place to
keep your clamps and whatnot?

If the welder(s) never left the shop, I'd have done just that. Instead I
group tools and supplies into multiple small toolboxes (especially stuff for
the MIG) so I can grab 'n go.
Never tell anyone you own a welder g.

I like the bracing, it looks classy.

Thanks. I spent more time on the braces than anything else- get one a little
off and it sticks out like a sore thumb. They're all +- 1/16 inch and +- 1
deg. of each other.

-Carl