Kaiser

"Doctor Evil" wrote in message

"Kaiser" wrote in message

"Doctor Evil" wrote in message

"Arthur" wrote in message
I've just done most of the pipework up to
the new combi. There is just the connections to
the unit to complete.
Do I just use elbows to make that tight turn to meet
the combi connections?

Also, I haven't done the gas supply pipework yet so
this pipe would have to leapfrog a horizontal section of
the mains supply to the unit. Is this acceptable?

Thanks.

Arthur

- Change the stop cock to a "full bore" stop-cock.

If you are going to change your stop cock, make sure you fit one that
conforms to regulations, as fitting a non approved one could lead to
prosecution by the water authorities. IIRC a stop cock BS1010 with a
loose
jumper must be fitted as it acts as a non return to prevent any
contamination getting back into the main.

Loose jumper? Not so. Many water companies are now installing full bore
valves lever valves. Many charge around £70-80 to fit one.

If they fit a full bore valve (which still has to meet the required BS) they
are also required to fit a double check valve to prevent backflow, which
rather defeats the object.

The only advantage is that you are able to shut off the incoming supply
easier when they aren't seized.

The disadvantage we find with full bore lever valves is that they need
exercising more often, as they are prone to seizing in hard water areas. In
fact I've got to replace a 50mm Boss full bore in an industrial unit next
week for that very reason.