sme

On Fri, 20 May 2005 21:43:47 GMT and in uk.rec.cars.misc, Adrian
wrote....

sme ) gurgled happily, sounding much like they
were saying :

My father's currently waiting for both knees to be replaced, and can
barely walk, even with two sticks. However, because it's a
relatively short-term thing, he can't get a blue badge.

Why can't he get a blue badge?

Because he can't.

Has he tried?

Yes.

AFAIK you can get one automatically if you receive full DLA.

He doesn't. He's on the waiting list for having both done, so they
won't give him a badge, as it's "temporary". Apparently. Still, he's
only on the board of the local hospital trust...

No point in metioning the discretionary form you can get i suppose.

He's been threatened with
clamping in his local supermarket for parking in the disabled bays,
as they are blue-badge only. We've all seen perfectly able-bodied
people abusing blue badges, too.

I am able bodied and have a blue badge. I get it due to having no
kidneys and being on dialysis.

With no disrespect, how's that affect your ability to get from one end
of the supermarket car park to the other?

None taken. Dialysis is performed 3 times a week for 6 hours each time.
It removes toxins and fluid from your blood. Due to this constant
flucuation of body weight and fluid levels i suffer from high and low
blood pressure, dependant on when dialysis takes place. This causes dizzy
spells, blackouts, muscle fatigue and loss of breath. The hardest part is
actually getting anyone to believe you are on dialysis when you are
having a good day.

--
sme
http://www.atbg60.dsl.pipex.com/page3.html