Andy Hall

Default ball valve in place of gate valve?

On 5 May 2004 07:17:14 -0700, (Stephen
Fasham) wrote:

Can I use 1/4 turn ball valves in place of gate valves for my CH/HW
system. My previous experiences with gate valves suggest that seepage
past (when in the closed position) is a problem. I would like to be
able to turn-off the feeds to each bathroom for hot and cold water.
Ball valves look quicker to use, but I don't know if there is any
reason I should avoid them for this purpose.

Fash

They are ideal for this. Last time I did some work on my heating and
HW systems, all the gate valves were consigned to the skip and
replaced with lever ball valves.

Also, they are a good solution as isolating valves for taps where you
need full bore flow.

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl