Stuffed

"Conor" wrote in message
t...
In article , Stuffed says...

OK, I'll pop round and **** in your PC. It's only a thing, and I'm sure

the
damage will be fairly inexpensive to repair.

Feel free. You may already notice the stains from when it was sat in a
cupboars and a waterpipe burst.

Fair enough. Mine tends to have coffee rings and marks from where I've used
it as a footstool. But I chose to put those marks there, and it's my mess to
clean up if I want to. I wouldn't be too happy cleaning or repairing someone
elses damage to my property, especially if I had to simply to use it again.

Some people attach sentimental value to just things, others do have a
financial interest that they would rather not have inconsiderate

arseholes
damage. Is it really too much to ask others to try and have some respect

for
property?

Respect is one thing and on that I agree. Physically harming a human
being because they accidentally cause damage to an inanimate object is
another.

Oh, I'm not advocating harming a human for damaging my things by any
stretch! I'd just like people to show the same respect for my items as I do
for theirs, and if they cause damage, willful or not, I would like them to
at least make a gesture towards helping with repairs.