Ian White

Huge wrote:
Yes, Andy, it is to make a ground mat for a radio aerial... well, four
aerials actually! This requires the wires to be laid out in a fairly
precise pattern of four radial fans, and the ends soldered to bare
copper "busbars".

Way overkill. If this is mostly over grass, cuut it very short, pin
chicken wire flat against the ground and wait. After a couple of years,
it will have vanished into the ground.

I did wonder about that, because it's so quick and easy to lay down.

However, the previous occupants have thoughtfully left behind some "test
samples", which show that in these ground conditions it will be rusting
through within about 10 years... by which time it will have become
impossible to rip up without ruining the entire area.

The advantage of copper wires is that they will last indefinitely, yet
they can still be pulled out one by one (which I just did that at the
old place).

--
Ian White