Ian White

tony sayer wrote:
In article , Dave Plowman (News)
writes
In article ,
tony sayer wrote:
Yes, Andy, it is to make a ground mat for a radio aerial... well, four
aerials actually! This requires the wires to be laid out in a fairly
precise pattern of four radial fans, and the ends soldered to bare
copper "busbars".

You should be over on uk.tech.broadcast for that sort of thing:!...

Hmm. Surely there are amateur radio groups that would be better suited?

No - I contribute to several of those groups and lists, and can assure
you that despite it being an unusual kind of DIY problem, here *is* the
best place to ask.

I don't think amateur groups do that sort of size earth mat system

Oh yes we do - and what I'm proposing is actually a little one.

For a serious earth mat that would put many broadcasters to shame, see:
http://nidxa.org/memberWWW/k9dx_antennas.htm
There's about 40km of wire under there. I book-marked that page to
remind myself occasionally that maybe 1km isn't so hard after all...

--
Ian White