dennis@home

"H" wrote in message

I live in a block in S London, in pretty much exactly the same situation
as the OP. I am also a director of the management company, and we have
discussed a barrier or remote gates etc. The cost of something that looks
even remotely in keeping with the block and doesn't make it look like the
entrance to a factory, is prohibitive (i.e. £12K plus).

Don't waste your time.
You will discover the residents are too idle to open the gates so will just
park anywhere but the car park.
You will have a nice empty carpark and nowhere for visitors to park.

I am seriously think about cutting the lock off the gate and locking it open
with a lock of my own in an attempt to get them to use the car park.