AstraVanMan

No.

It could be an heirloom. It could be a hire or lease. It could have deep
sentimental value. It could simply be worth ****loads. It often,

however, is
not only a car. So if you or your offspring ever dent my door, at the

very
least you will pay the full amount to professionally repair it.

And will you have the repair done or just pocket the cash with a smirk?

Either way, the point is if a person causes damage to someone else's
property that didn't have that damage before, then they should pay for the
repair. If the person then decides to pocket the cash and live with the
dent/scratch/scrape, then that's entirely up to them.

Look, people are more important than things.We should love people and use
things, not use people and love things.

I couldn't agree more.

I once reversed into a very low bollard and dented the rear bumper on our
car. It had no effect whatsoever on any of the functions of the car - to

go,
stop and carry things. It didn't even have an effect on the subsequent MOT

test.

What upset me was that when I went indoors and dramatically told Spouse

that
I'd crashed into something his response was to ask how much damage there

was
to the car, he didn't ask if I was injured.

He very quickly realised that he'd got his priorities wrong.

Heh! I couldn't agree more there - had he asked "What happened? Are you
ok?", to which you replied "Yes, I'm fine, it was only at very low speed",
to which he then replied "was there much damage?" then he wouldn't have been
in the doghouse, right? :-)

--
Peter