Adrian

Mary Fisher ) gurgled happily, sounding much like
they were saying :

I prefer to get the half-decent fresh fruit and veg,

I prefer to eat 100% decent fresh fruit and veg which is one reason I
don't shop at supermarkets.

Not all of us have that choice.

You do, it would take a bit of effort,that's all.

There are no greengrocers around here that I'm aware of. The nearest
saturday market is dire, and the occasional farmer's markets (perhaps one
or two a month) are small, irregular, poorly advertised and on weekdays. My
back garden is small, paved and very heavily shaded. I don't have the time
to work an allotment.

'Relatively fresh' is unacceptable.

True, but it's the best that's readily available.

Not true.

I await your recommendations as to alternative sources. I'm on the
Herts/Berks border, edge of the Chilterns.