RichardK

AstraVanMan wrote:

Anyone part-exchanging a car for a guaranteed £1000 is getting monumentally
ripped off in the price of the car they're buying. No-one would just give
£1000 for a car worth £50 out of the goodness of their heart.

Heh, our local Proton dealer is offering £3000 minimum trade in on the
£11,000 Impian. My dad, I hope being sarcastic, suggested trading in the
Subaru for one. I pointed out the Impian has a stupid name and the Ignis
4Grip seems like the best crappy little car to buy right now, and then
said: "But, if you want to take that deal, give me the Subaru and I'll
trade in the Volvo 740 - it's still got 2 weeks tax and a few month MOT
and I think it'll make it..."

So today we're test driving the Ignis.

Richard

--