RichardK

Mary Fisher wrote:
"Steve Walker" wrote in message

In message om, Dave
Liquorice writes

On Fri, 20 May 2005 14:16:42 +0100, Steve Walker wrote:

Yes, if they also enforced a "no accompanied breeders" area where
one could park without someone else's little darlings denting the
car doors.

FFS it's only a car.

Yes, quite, and damaged bodywork only costs money when you come to sell
it, which is obviously totally unimportant. You won't mind if I rifle
through your wallet then?

sigh

A car is for going, stopping and carrying. That's all. You can keep it until
it dies then get another. You don't HAVE to sell it.

Someone once claimed that I'd scraped his bumper (!) in a car park and that
it would reduce the re-sale value. I said that if he was as hard up as that
I'd pay him for the repair and gave him a cheque there and then. I have no
respect for that attitude.

If your car is contract hired, then you get a bill at the end for any
damage to it.

Sorry, but one of the fundamental problems with modern parenting is this
lack of respect for other people's property. I don't care if it's only a
car, it's /my/ car, and if you have through carelessness or willful
action caused damage to it, that is disrespectful, and you're paying for
it, one way or another. If someone gives me the "It's only a car"
attitude then I assume their own car matters little to them, and they
will earn a bloody great bootprint in the door (my boots weigh something
like 7lbs per foot and can inflict one hell of a dent).

Now, I take every precaution against selfish little ****s like that - I
park as far away from the supermarket as possible, I will not park
beside people carriers or anything with a baby seat in (partly because I
know how difficult it is to get kids into the seat whilst keeping the
door within the meagre allocation of space), and I do everything I can -
even in the Supra which has immense doors - not to bash other people's cars.

Damage my property and pay. Assume it's your right to damage my property
because, hey, it's just property, then pay /and/ get no sympathy.

Richard

--
RichardK - 1980s in a can. http://www.dmc12.demon.co.uk/music/
Retro computing - http://www.dmc12.demon.co.uk/retrotech/