Richard Colton

"Stuffed" wrote in message

"Richard Colton" wrote in message
. uk...

snip
So what? They're still generally higher spenders than single people or
childless couples. If they want to go shopping, why shouldn't they?

If I want to take a South American rodent with me, why shouldn't I?

1. Because there's no good reason for you take it.
2. Because the supermarkets (indeed, most shops) don't permit it.
3. Because this argument is just getting (has got) plain silly.

Because
it might irritate the **** out of others, and generally be a pain.

Absolutely.

If I want
to wander around the shop singing death metal tracks at the top of my tone
deaf lungs, why shouldn't I? Because I have at least a smidgen of
consideration for others.

As do the vast majority of parents and children.

So why do couples have to take their whole evidence of procreation with
them, when all that happens is the extra stress of keeping an eye on them,
and the hassle it causes other shoppers?

I've already given you a couple of reasons in past replies, and so have
other people when they've pointed out that they don't always have a choice
whether they take the kids shopping or not.

Is there some sort of primitive instinct that instills a desire in
those
that breed prolificly to show off the spawn of their loins to the
world?

Yes, it's called pride - something I'm guessing your parents didn't have

in
you, hence the vitriol.

So you are in fact saying you agree parents should ignore the convenience
of
all others out of pride,

Not at all.

a selfish desire to show the world how great they
are at shagging and birthing? Congratu****inglations, you have managed
what
countless millions of other, simpler organisms do every day.

Don't be so bloody melodramatic. At the end of the day, whether you like it
or not, children are the future and they will be the ones supporting you
both financially and physically when you get older.

Thank you for
shoving it in my face when I want a bag of mushrooms and bottle of plonk,
my
day just got so much better.

Well, I'm so sorry that you believe a large proportion of society should be
inconvenienced for your pleasure. Get over yourself.

Do
they take some sick pleasure in getting on everyone elses tits?

Everyone? No,we just enjoy annoying the mental minority. ;-)

You mean those who choose not to force little olfactory assailants on the
unwilling?

No, I mean those of you who are in so much of a rush you believe everyone
should conform to your beliefs and everyone should get out of your way.
It's strange how those people who seem to be in so much of a rush have hours
to bitch and moan about minor problems though.

snip

Excuse me, but that's not what I said. I actually said that they have

just
as much right to be there as you do, and that stores will generally value
their business more highly due to their (generally) higher spend.

I don't deny people their right to shop (although I do often question the
automatic right to breed), I just wonder quite qhy some feel the need to
excersize that right aggressively on others.

Thank you, finally you admit that it's SOME people. As there are
inconsiderate parents, there are also inconsiderate singles.

snip

Right, and parents so the supermarket shopping because it's "fun". Yeah,
right.

So why then? Pride? Fun? The house is on fire between the hours of 7 and
8pm?

No, because they need to do some shopping.

The only anything like sensible reason someone gave last time this
argument
came up is it helps his toddler shut up and get to sleep from time to
time,
or something like that. Still annoying, but at least there's a proper
reason
behind it, not some double edged show off whilst torment the children
idea.

Personally I've always taken my children shopping because they're not a
problem to take with me, because I have no alternative, or because I need
them there at that particular time. Having said that, my children know how
to behave and are helpful in the extreme.

snip

No, I wouldn't. Mind you, I can't remember ever seeing a human child
****ing in the bread section either, so what's your point?

I'm very proud of my animals. By some miracle, when they have sex, there's
often more of them a few months later.

No! Really? ;-)

I want to show them off to the world,
and though a supermarket would more than likely frighten and disturb them,

It probably wouldn't do much for most other people shopping there either. I
think you'll also find that most supermarkets would take a dim view of it as
well..

feel everyone shopping should winess the unique miracle of their
existence.
But that wouldn't go down too well with a fair number of shoppers, so I
don't do it.

Thank you for that, I'm sure we all appreciate your restraint.

I don't want to trip over your uncontrolled child,

I don't and never have had an uncontrolled child.

or be assaulted with
their deafening screams,

All three of my children have created once and once only when shopping.
They now know better than to do it again. I'm pretty sure your parents
would have had the same problem with you at some point in your life - or did
you just spring into existance fully grown?

or be nauseated by their foul odour (OK, that's a
minority, but it still happens),

Yes, it is a minority. Most are well behaved, well looked after and clean.

so I don't go to the places created and
maintained with children in mind. Yet I still have to suffer them, which I
will do without complaint,

Excuse me? Without complaint! That's your funniest line yet.

snip

Again, not a problem I've ever had. My children know how to behave.

That is certainly not the case for the majority around here

Well, if it bothers you that much, you could always consider moving (I know,
why should you have to etc.). I can only speak from personal experience,
but I find that the majority of children are well behaved and well balanced.
Now, living in Rotherham, that's nothing short of a miracle, but I do feel
that things are going downhill with regards to officialdom taking a dim view
of parents disciplining their children.

You really are quite a bitter and twisted person. If parents and
children
wish to go shopping together, there's no reason why they shouldn't. The
children should be kept under control, but that's simple good parenting.

Not quite, *incredibly* bitter and twisted. It's a hobby

But, you're so good at it. You must spend an awful lot of time practising
your hobby ;-)

I'll admit that I've seen my fair share of badly behaved kids in
supermarkets, but they are in a minority.

Really, they aren't around here. And even if they were, I still can't see
the point.

The point is that sometimes you need the kids with you, sometimes you have
no alternative, and sometimes you just happen to be passing, need some
shopping and the kids just happen to be with you. There's a multitude of
reasons why they should be there, but I can only think of one why they
shouldn't - because it might inconvenience you.

A busy supermarket is not what I would've thought of as an ideal
place for a child, hell, they can be confusing enough for adults when the
staff decide to move everything around while you're halfway through the
weekly shop!

Don't get me started on that one! I spent several years in retail many
moons ago, and my sales figures said that shifting stock around purely to
force people to look for it was counterproductive. It didn't increase sales
in different areas, but it did severely **** off regular customers to such
an extent that they chose to shop elsewhere.
--
Unlock Your Phone's Potential
www.uselessinfo.org.uk