tony sayer

In article , Ian White
writes
Thanks very much for the replies so far. I really do appreciate how you
lot get your teeth into an unusual problem!

But I misjudged the amount of detail that people might need in order to
give a helpful reply. My apologies for that - I was trying to spare you
all "the full half-hour". Well, here it comes...

This is a rather unusual application, and many of the normal electrical
wiring requirements do not apply.

I'm looking for about 1km of thin-ish solid copper wire, as cheap as
possible.

Yes, Andy, it is to make a ground mat for a radio aerial... well, four
aerials actually! This requires the wires to be laid out in a fairly
precise pattern of four radial fans, and the ends soldered to bare
copper "busbars".

You should be over on uk.tech.broadcast for that sort of thing:!...

BTDT before, but only on a smaller scale requiring much less wire. This
time I'm doing it at a new location and on a much bigger scale.

The amount of wire required - literally more than a kilometre - means
that (a) I'll have to buy it, and (b) paying the odd few pence more per
metre will add up to serious money.

Building some medium powered MF station?.......
--
Tony Sayer

Bancom Communications Ltd U.K. Tel+44 1223 566577 Fax+44 1223 566588

P.O. Box 280, Cambridge, England, CB2 2DY E-Mail