I figured the model number would give you that, TP55G90 is a Toshiba
with a chassis in the TAC99XX series, built in the nineties.

If what you say holds true on this set, all I need to know now is the
method. Force source, sink or actually interrupt the signal. ???

I am not 100% sure, but pretty sure I have also disconnected the focus
from the fly, eliminating that arcing as a cause. I scoped the outputs
from the jungle and they were still doing it, even though you could'nt
see it on the screen. Just how did you kill clock and data ? If it
helps, this set uses a TA1222 jungle and a TMPA8700 series micro (orig
was a -111CN, replacement is -121CN)

Can you recommend a method to do this that is chip friendly and not
prone to cause damage or flag some other fault mode, thus rendering
confusion ? Others are starting to tell me to get out of the digital
domain and look elsewhere, but the timing is just too perfect and
steady. At the very least I would like to run one test to prove whether
it's in the digital domain or not. Killing clock and data is the only
way I can see. It is the only way to isolate it and get a valid yes or
no.

Incedentally, since the jungle has been changed, I think just killing
the data line should yield the results I need. What say you ? This is
however a Toshiba chipset, not Sanyo.

I've noticed that it is constantly busy, unlike some other sets.
Perhaps one of the other chips in the system is giving an improper
handshake and causing a partial systyem reset. What if one is
responding to the address of the jungle, but in gibberish. ?

Thank you, I think my next step is to do it, isolate, kill or shunt the
data somehow.

Sidestepping myself here, why would the bus be active continuously ?
There shouldn't be a valid reason for that. Quite a few chipsets
address the needed parameters when you adjust the controls and then
pretty much shutup, except maybe or a BLIP-BLIP, ,,,,,,, BLIP-BLIP.

Why would the bus have to be so busy when you are not chaging anything,
nor even addressing any functions ? XDS maybe ?

I guess it is possible, but I'm not sure if this set even has XDS.
Might be too old.

I see no bus expander or MUX/DEMUX chip around, maybe that's why there
is always activity ? Now we're back to why I put a $120 micro in it.
Could this be one of those rare times I should go into the options
mane, write down the settings and start turning things off ? Perhaps
someone has been in there.

It looks like the EPROM has been changed, maybe the guy who did it
threw the "special instructions" in the trash which said "Make sure you
set option code CS02 to 0F0 before attempting to autoprogram the set.
Failure to do so will make it nessecary to replace the EPROM and
perform this function as described herein.

Failure to do so may result in a blanking of the video every 8.37341
seconds."

That would floor me, and I don't think it's likely, but it is entirely
possible.

If this is what the game has become so be it.

Thanks again.

JURB