Dermot O'Loughlin

Default Central heating using radiators in an open plan house with high ceilings

Hi All,

I would like your opinion on using radiators in an open plan house
(new build) with high ceilings. My hall, living room, kitchen and
dining area are all open plan with the living area and hall having
high ceilings (about 6 meters high). I plan on using a combination of
oil and solid fuel (using a range or wood burner in the kitchen).

Will I have a problem heating the large open areas using radiators?

Will the heat just go straight to the ceiling? A friend mentioned
using ceiling fans to counteract this - would this be possible?

I would appreciate your thoughts on this.

Thanks,
Dermot.