Dave Gee

Hi all:

Since I just put new lines on my cooler dump system today I will tell
you what I do. My cooler(s) are on the roof, I run a 1/8" black plastic
line into the cooler (weight on the end in the cooler so it sinks) run
it across the roof and down. It goes into a manifold with 3 adjustable
taps with a ball valve shutoff on it. I widened the rubber grommet that
the supply line uses and that is where this dump line go into. This
siphons when I open the ball valve and I use the water to feed a stand
of bamboo in back of the house.
This works pretty well, costs almost nothing and the mineralized
water seems fine with the bamboo, plus no holes in the cooler to leak.
It also helps mineralization in the cooler, once or twice a month I run
it full out to get rid of high concentrations due to evaporation.
Another trick I use on the coolers in the shop is to route the pad
supply water into copper line with fins on it that is in front of the
output side (side drafts) then to the spider. This makes the output
cooler (supply water gets COLD when humidity is low) and in addition I
think it condenses out some of the humidity they blow out. Less rust on
your tooling, of course this only works in places like Tucson, where I
am.

Dave G.