Old Nick

On Fri, 20 May 2005 19:33:04 -0700, "Wood Butcher"
wrote:

As a reference point ...
Back in the sixties in Phoenix the pump on our well broke
and we had to carry buckets of water up to the cooler.
5 gallons per hour with the temperature in the hundred &
something-teens and single digit humidity.

In Perth, West Oz, we are getting more and more humid, but were a dry
place until a few years back. So there are many houses with
roof-mounted whole-house evap a/c units.

I was checking out these units, and asked how much water they used.
"Oh. Only about 10 litres per day".

This is what I was told by everybody I asked in the stores. When I
expostulated, they said "Well, there's a little tube that lets the
water out the bottom just to drain them"

No idea.

I think it's bad, because they are chewing up water in a city that has
real water problems, and nobody realises.