DoN. Nichols

In article t,
Roger Hull wrote:
On Fri, 20 May 2005 16:19:37 -0700, SteveB wrote
(in message cguje.11188$gp.5660@fed1read03):

Las Vegas 28 years now and former steam boiler operator. LOTS of Calcium in
our water. IMHO the bleed method is much better than the dump method. Also, I
quit using the Aspen pads eight years ago and now use the plastic foam ones
(Buy a roll and cut to size). They last two seasons (for me). Also went to a
fiberglass/resin cooler. Won't ever rust out and the scale doesn't stick as
much as metal. Idea I haven't tried yet would put water sump, pump, and float
valve somewhere where you didn't have to climb onto roof to service; hose
from pump to cooler and return drain hose to sump. Would really help with
rust-out as that occurs at waterline. besides then only motor, belt, fan, and
pads would require going up on roof. Hope this helps.

That shows another difference between what I remember from South
Texas in the mid 1950s and what you have there. These were window
units, so everything was easy to access. :-)

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564