Alan

On Fri, 06 May 2005 01:29:10 GMT, wrote:

I have the typical sprayed ceiling. It needs to be painted (never has been
painted) and I wanted to know if it has to be an oil paint? I heard that
latex will pull the texture down. Your opinions wanted!

Oil is preferred. I use latex with a roller designed for textured
ceilings. Never had a problem.

I tried it once with latex. Never again as it did cause peeling.
Since then I have used oil-based paint (if painting for the first
time) that says it is for textured ceilings. No problems other than
the usual clean-up problems with oil-based paint.