Mike

Good point. I'll do it. What about the rest of the materials?
The porch has "hidden" gutters ie, kind of like a trough covered with the
roofing material.
Should I upgrade the paper on the roof?

Mike

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
m...

"Mike" wrote in message
I know nothing about roofs. A roofer gave me a quote to fix leaks:

mansard & porch roofs remove the existing roofing exposing the roof deck.
Secure one ply of roofers select high performance underlayment
(winterguard ice and water barrier on front porch) over exposed brick.
Nail new 25 year certainteed xt (astm d3462) fiberglass ul class a fire
resistance asphalt roof shingles. Line concealed gutter with modified
bitumen. Replace necessary flashing. 2 year workmanship guarantee 25 year
limited transferable warranty Premises to be left clean and free of
debris.

Should I upgrade any of the materials? Other modifications?

I'd consider a 40 year shingle as the labor cost is the same. If you plan
to sell in a few years, it is not such a big deal, but if you stay there,
it can be a big deal and money saver 20 years from now.